Friday, December 6, 2013

My Retirement Dinner, December 5, 2013

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Yesterday evening was an incredible evening. I was honored for my thirty years of missionary service with Baptist Mid-Missions, the last fifteen of which was with Bibles International. Friends gathered in the Founders' Room of Bibles International. Most of those friends were missionary colleagues and coworkers. Some came from my church here in Grand Rapids. Two couples came from Cedarville, Ohio. Both of my sisters had planned to come with a pastor and his wife from southwestern Indiana, but at the last minute, it became impossible for them to come.

We had a wonderful catered meal, letters were read from those who were not able to be there, including Dr. Gary Anderson, president of Baptist Mid-Missions; Troy Manning, chairman of my department who is currently working on a translation project in Haiti; and Brian Cederquist, pastor of my church here in Grand Rapids.

I was given a dozen long-stemmed pink roses. One of my nephews and his wife sent a beautiful floral arrangement. Bibles International gave me a beautiful rotating globe with a plaque on the base of it which says:
Elaine Schulte
Bibles International
1998-2013
Taking The Word
To The World

If you look closely, you can see this gift in Dr. Bernard's hands.

In addition, I received many wonderful cards and gifts from friends. It was a night I'll long remember.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: