Saturday, December 13, 2014

Busy Weekend!

When most of you see this title, you will naturally assume that I've been out Christmas shopping. Nothing could be further from the truth. Instead, I've been busy at home. I had copious amounts of laundry to do, since I didn't do all I should have done last weekend.

But the more interesting and satisfying thing I've done is proofreading/editing a fellow BMM missionary's book. I love editing and proofreading and when the text I'm reading is interesting, I enjoy it all the more. The book is by Nancy Sheppard, who spent some weeks working in the ELWA hospital in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa. That hospital is one of the main hospitals attending to the needs of Ebola patients in Liberia. To the author, Nancy Sheppard, Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol are not just names heard from media sources. Instead, they are personal friends with whom she worked, prayed, and suffered through the beginning of the Ebola crisis in Liberia.

Having lived in the country that borders Liberia to the east, Ivory Coast or Cote d'Ivoire, I was back in West Africa as I read the manuscript. Nancy will soon be publishing her book. As soon as she has, I'll let you know. It will be available on Amazon.com.

No comments: