Thursday, May 8, 2008

Please Pray On!

The Throop family continues to need our prayers. Craig's medical condition was evaluated at the hospital in Cairns, Australia. However it is felt that he needs to be moved to the hospital in Brisbane. He has probably already been moved there. The major problem was what to do about Amy, his teenage daughter who has accompanied him. Up to this time, missionaries have helped her get back and forth to the hospital, etc. However, they know no one in Brisbane.

Wife Linda is back in PNG, trying to make decisions and do things she's always depended on her husband to do for her in a very remote part of the world. Pray for all of them. Pray for good medical/surgical intervention for Craig, for someone to help Amy, and for Linda and the other two children back in PNG. Pray also for their five children in California.

Pray also that God will be glorified through all of this. That is the only reason He allows such things to come into our lives.

Thank you so much for all your prayers in these past days.

Now on an entirely different note, I've been "tagged" by my great niece, Caroline, to tell six unknown things about me. So here goes.
  1. I trusted Jesus as my Savior from sin when I was 13 years old.
  2. I live in a zero lotline house. (That simply means that I own half of the building I live in. Someone else owns the other half. All the houses on my street are like that.)
  3. I am addicted to chocolate--not really, but I sure like it.
  4. My " little boy" whom I raised in Africa, Emmanuel, will be 22 on May 16.
  5. I enjoy writing very much and try to do some everyday.
  6. I really enjoy doing research, which is a good thing, since that's the work I do almost everyday of my life.

I'm sure I could have thought of more interesting things if I'd thought long enough, but it's late and I have a mountain of proofreading to do tomorrow.

No comments: