Sunday, May 4, 2008

Praise God!

I'm thanking the Lord for another freelance proofreading job. Some of you know that I'm under-supported. Because of that I take all the freelance proofreading jobs I can get. The last one I did was sooo stressful! It had been printed overseas and was poorly done, requiring very careful attention. The one I got on Friday was printed in the US and is in pristine condition. I'm a few chapters into the Psalms and have found only two problems. That's amazing, especially compared to the last one I did that had 20-30 errors per page. I'm grateful to the Lord for allowing me to have these freelance proofreading jobs. I'm also grateful to my friend Dawn, who gave them my name and put in a good word for me. Furthermore, I'm grateful that what I do is entirely in the Bible department. I don't have to worry about being asked to read junk, which could happen if I were working for a secular company. All in all, I have many reasons to be grateful for these jobs, and I am!

Spring is definitely here in southwest Michigan. I planted a clematis last year. After church this evening I walked around to the side yard and checked on my little plant. It has many buds on it. I'm looking forward to seeing the bush in bloom.

I'm planning a trip to southwestern Indiana near the end of this month. The daughter of a cousin is being married in Kentucky. I'll be attending that wedding and speaking in at least one, maybe two, of my supporting churches. I haven't been on a trip since I came back from time with my family at Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them again.

I'm not looking forward to having to pay the high prices for gas. Last week gas went up to $3.75/gallon here, although it is now "down" to $3.68. Who would ever have believed that we would think $3.68 for a gallon of gas is a bargain?

I'm sure this will be another busy week. I need your prayers as I launch into the work, that I'll be able to accomplish what I should and that it will be a good week. I trust you'll have a good week, too. Let's keep looking up and listening for the sound of the trumpet!

No comments: