Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Field of Golden Grain

I've spent a busy week in Cleveland, Ohio, doing research for the history of Bibles International at our parent organization, Baptist Mid-Missions. A friend from church accompanied me, more than doubling my effectiveness. I gleaned much new information about people and events from bygone days at Bibles International.

Before leaving Cleveland this morning, we breakfasted with a dear friend, Dorothy Roduner, who served as a highly skilled administrative assistant to two former presidents of Baptist Mid-Missions. She is ill now, so it was very good to see her and share some time visiting while we enjoyed pumpkin pancakes.

As we drove back, we passed this field of golden grain. Being a former farmgirl, my attention was drawn to the grain field with autumn colors serving as a backdrop.

I'm very tired and need to prepare for bed. Tomorrow is the final day of our mission emphasis. Dr. Gary Anderson, president of Baptist Mid-Missions will be speaking. I'm sure he will present challenging messages.

Snow flurries are predicted for tomorrow evening. Am I ready for winter?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: