Friday, May 29, 2009

More Beauty in Grand Rapids

I wish I could take credit for this beautiful azalea bush outside my front door. But honestly, I do absolutely nothing to it from year to year. It just grows without any attention. I don't water it, I don't feed it, and I don't trim it. And yet it is covered with blooms.

This is definitely a case of "bloom where you're planted!" The soil in my yard is so sandy you might almost think you're walking on a beach. I also have lots of pine trees in my yard, which either grow well in alkaline soil or make the soil alkaline. I'm ashamed to say I don't know which is true, but I've been told that in order to have an azalea bush that blooms profusely, you must have alkaline soil.

Anyway, without being able to take any credit for it, I have these beautiful flowers growing just outside my door.

I've finished a very busy week at work in which I feel I made lots of progress, but still have so much to do. One of my friends sent me an email this week asking, "Do you still find enough to keep you busy at work?" Oh my, yes! I never lack for things to do. In fact, if I were never given another assignment, I would easily have enough to keep me busy until retirement.

I wish I could send you some of the beautiful blooms off my azalea bush. Or better still, why not come and visit me so you can see them for yourself? I'd love that!

Have a restful weekend, and a good Lord's day. And keep on listening for the trumpet. We may hear it sooner than we expect! It surely won't be long.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mother/Grandma Sharon said...

I always thought you were a white woman but I'm beginning to suspect you are GREEN!