Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Apple Orchards and Other Things

We returned from a wonderful, blessed time at the Shack today. The fellowship was good, the physical relaxation was wonderful, the preaching was Spirit blessed, the food was tasty, and the weather was agreeable. As always, I hated to leave. I've already begun looking forward to next year's annual meeting. It is one of the highlights of my year.

As we returned this afternoon, we passed through apple orchard country. I thought the fields of young orchards were interesting. They plant the trees and then put wire on either side of them, apparently to keep them growing straight, pointing up toward the heavens. I like this picture because it shows young trees in the foreground with more mature trees in the back. The beautiful sky and the nice farm building in the background add to the landscape in my opinion.

Arriving back in Grand Rapids, I received word that my scheduled surgery has been moved from 7:00 a.m. on Friday to 10:45. I am delighted since getting up in the morning is one of the roughest things I do all day. In order to get everything done that I would have needed to do to have gotten to the hospital in time for the 7:00 a.m. surgery, I would have had to have gotten up at about 3:30. I'm delighted for my driver and for me that now we don't need to leave my house until about 8:15.

Please be in prayer! Thanks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: