Friday, December 4, 2009

Our First Major Snowfall


As I've said on my Facebook account, I think the meteorologists in this area major on sensationalism. I've long since learned to take what they predict with a grain of salt. So I don't suppose anyone was more surprised than I when the first measurable snowfall of the season started falling last night. I estimate that we got between 4-6 inches at my home, but within this area, I've heard some people got 16 inches. Help! The biggest problem with snowfalls such as these is my inability to walk in the snow. While I'm not a fan of driving in it, that is much easier for me than trying to stay on my feet. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, so pray with me that the parking lot will be cleared.

In the midst of this snowfall, one of my guardian angels came over and shoveled my driveway and sidewalk. I don't know who did it, but I'm grateful for him or her. I usually do not even hear him or her doing it--I just look out and see it has been done. Bless that person!

I've been on vacation yesterday and today. I intended to spend the days vacationing in my home, relaxing and reading. But the Lord had other ideas for me. Before I was even out of bed yesterday morning, I got a call asking me to do a freelance proofreading job. Since I try not to turn those down unless I'm facing a crisis, I quickly got myself together and picked up the job. It's a Bible with 1573 pages including helps, and I'm just over half way through it. I would have made more progress except for the migraine headache with which I awakened this morning. I have no idea why I had the headache. About half of the time, I can go back and trace probable reasons, but this one seems to have no logical reason.Well, it's now time to get back to the proofreading.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan said...

Very pretty! I love the idea of winter - just not the reality so much. Hopefully the editing is going well!

Elaine said...

Susan, the proofreading job had to be in Monday before noon, so it's been back for a while now. I'm glad I was able to get it done without difficulty.