Saturday, July 10, 2010

Amazing!

It was a time in my life that was so painful and embarrassing, I rarely ever speak of it. In fact, I try not to think about it. But about a year ago, the Lord laid it on my heart to write about it and submit the article to one of the Christian editors with whom I've worked in the past. I did so using a pseudonym because I didn't want to be identified publicly with the event. The editor accepted the article and published it in her Christian publication in February, five months ago, using the pseudonym.

Today I went to the mailbox. There was one envelope in the box--a letter from this editor. When I opened the envelope, there were two letters inside. One was from the editor, explaining that a letter had come from a reader, expressing her thanks for this article. The editor had also included the letter from the reader, who said she had experienced a similar, painful event, and was still suffering from it. The article had given her hope that she could still serve the Lord in spite of what she had experienced. The editor told me she would respond to the reader, and I could do so also if I wished.

God is an amazing God! He laid it upon my heart to share this experience last year. It was published in February of this year, and five months later, just when I'm agonizing over whether or not He can use my skills to write the history of Bibles International, I get a letter from both an editor and a reader, encouraging me to continue to write for His glory. Amazing! Simply amazing!

1 comment:

chaplaindon said...

His Amazing Grace -- why do we question it? All of your writings are so interesting and inspirational and that is because you put Him first! We look forward to following your Blogs as well as your monthly newsletters. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for continued inspiration, better health and success.