Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rejoice and Be Glad with Me!

I've just reread part of my last post, written on December 24, in which I said I hoped to finish chapter nine that day. Well, I was unsuccessful, not completing it until this afternoon. Since I wrote that, I've traveled 1,000 miles down to visit my younger sister and her family. I've gotten acquainted with two new great-nephews, shared Christmas joys with my family, celebrated the "Schulte Christmas" which is an occasion when both of my sisters and as many of their offspring as possible, get together.

I've traveled back to Michigan through darkness and snow, appreciating the Lord's protection as I drove. I've rejoiced that even though I'm ten years older than I was when I moved here in 2000, I was still able to make the trip alone. I've picked up a respiratory infection that has put me down for a few days. But, most of all I've thanked God that He gave us the indescribable gift of His Son, which is the center of our celebration.

Now, it's time to move on to chapter ten. Please continue to pray. I have less than two months left in which I must write at least three more chapters, acknowledgments, and a detailed appendix, if possible. And until now, it's been taking me at least a month to write each chapter. It doesn't take an advanced mathematician to see that I'm running out of time. So, I need your prayers in order to be able to write faster than ever before. May I count on that?

Also, please pray that those from whom I'm waiting on information in order to complete chapters, will get that info to me as soon as possible. Thank you for walking this journey with me.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm praying! I bet now that you're "in the groove," so to speak, the last few chapters will go faster. Or maybe that's wishful thinking? :)