Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011




I've just lived through the most significant snowfall I've ever seen in the US, as contrasted with my sejour of 10 months in Canada from 1977-78. It's a record-breaking snowfall for February in the Grand Rapids area. We needed more than 16.1 inches in order to break the record for the most snow ever. We got only 15.9!

I wrote this morning that I would not have been able to get out of my house if there had been a fire. Shortly thereafter, a godly man from church came over to snowblow the driveway and my neighbor boy came to shovel my steps and sidewalk. God bless them both. Blessings on you Harold and Peter. This is a volunteer job on the part of both of them.

I have a back door, but there is a snow drift 3 1/2 to 4 feet deep on my deck. I don't think I could walk through it if I had to do so!

I'm thankful that I didn't have to leave my house to go to work today, or for any other reason. I have everything I need for now, and can work from home. Ahh, the joys of technology!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mother/Grandma Sharon said...

Looks like lots of white stuff to me! We have the chance of 3 more rounds in the next week.

Paula said...

Elaine, This is the first time I've looked at your blog! Impressive! I'll be praying for Emmanuel, you, the book and now the "hiccup" of Paul's funeral.