Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yay! I've Finished the Rough Draft!

It happened, friends. This afternoon between 1:30 and 2:00, I finally finished the rough draft of the history of Bibles International. I'm sure there were some that doubted I would ever finish it. Well, the truth is the book is a long way from being finished, but the rough draft is done.

Some in the office asked if I experienced a sense of relief. I haven't. Almost as soon as we I finished composing I began revising, so it doesn't feel as if the project is done, and it isn't!

The last chapter needs to be proofread by all three proofreaders. Then the entire book needs to be edited. And then there will be a tremendous amount of work left to implement the changes suggested by the editor. Pray for her, please, because she has an enormous job ahead of her.

Thank you for praying for me as I undertook this work. Without those prayers, I probably would have given up.

We had a little celebration in the office this afternoon, not only because this was finished, but because of the dedication of the Manipuri Bible for speakers in Northeast India. That is another project that has been years in the making.

I've received no news about Emmanuel this week. Please continue to pray for him. From the news media, I gather that the political situation is continuing to deteriorate.

2 comments:

Yvonne Blake said...

Good for you, Elaine!
I know that feeling of accomplishment.

Cheryl Elmer said...

Congratulations, again, Elaine. It was good to celebrate with you this afternoon. I know it ends "not with a bang but a whimper," yet it is wonderful to move to the next stage. I am praying you have a wonderful and restful vacation.