Friday, May 20, 2011

Highlights of the Past Week

As I think back through the past week, several things stand out as highlights. As I mentioned last week, the first Scripture translation consultant BI had, Dr. Henry Osborn, went to be with the Lord a week ago today. Since one of his daughters is a missionary in the Philippines, the family chose to delay visitation and the memorial service until she could arrive for these events. Visitation was today and the memorial service is tomorrow. Dr. Osborn's children asked if BI could make samples of their dad's work available for these two days. I was asked to research the languages he had worked with during the years he served at BI. He apparently gave some facts about himself to the funeral home years ago. Included in that was the fact that he had worked with 78 different languages in his life. It was interesting to do that research, although we did not find the names of all 78. The research made me thankful, again, that I have a copy of God's Word in a language that is easily understandable to me. What a blessing that is, and one I often take for granted.

This evening most of the single ladies at BI went out to eat together. It was good to get to know some of the newer ones outside of the office setting, where we had enough time to sit and talk about things other than work.

Please continue to pray for BI, and for me. I love serving at BI and pray I'll continue to be able to do so for years to come, if the Lord doesn't return before then.

No comments: