Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th, make that 5th, of July

I finally got pictures taken of my little baby, Snookums, but for reasons I don't understand, I'm not able to get them to load here. If you have a Facebook account, go to my page there and you'll be able to see her. She fell off my arm this evening as I sat at the computer, about a distance of 10 times her height. She was momentarily stunned and then began crying. I picked her up, held her and loved her. She was very quiet for a few minutes and I was afraid she'd truly gotten hurt, but she's running around again, so I guess the injury was only temporary. She is one year old today. I wondered if we should have celebrated in some way! I should probably have popped some popcorn, since she loves it.

It's now been 2 1/2 weeks since I last posted here. I've heard nothing from Emmanuel or his family in this time. The more time that goes by, the more convinced I am that they must have been killed in the political upheaval. If I knew for sure they are with the Lord, that would be reassuring.I just wish I KNEW for sure. Is that what is called "closure"?

There has been some disquieting activity around my house in the past several days. I chose not to do anything about it at first. But as I came home this evening, I decided I would call and report it to the police. I didn't want to bother them if it was unnecessary. When I explained what had been happening, the receptionist/person I spoke with asked, "Did you call the police when that happened?" I told her I had not. She told me I should definitely have reported it when it happened. She also said I should fill out a police report online, and that I should definitely report it if it happens again. I will do that, now that I know that I should. I'm also praying, trusting in the veracity of Psalm 91:11--"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Living alone in a world that is becoming increasingly violent is a bit unsettling. Ultimately it is the Lord who is in control of every aspect of our lives. I'm leaning on Him, but will certainly report any further suspicion activity to the police. Having a dog who barks ferociously whenever she is uncomfortable about strange people is a blessing I'm not ignoring.

No comments: