Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Fifthteenth "Great" or "Grand"


One of the privileges of being single is that you feel close to all of your nieces and nephews. When they begin having children, you feel as if those children were your grandchildren. My little family has once again grown, when my youngest niece gave birth to little Eli August on Sunday afternoon, June 3. His "big" brother, Josiah, will be two on June 16. The new baby was due on June 17, but as we all know, they don't know anything about due dates, do they? He weighed less than six pounds but is doing well. (By the way, August was my dad's middle name, so the baby is named after his great-grandfather.)

Pray for my niece and her husband, who is a teacher and still in school, I think. His mother also works, but I think her schedule is a bit more flexible, so perhaps she was able to step in when the family arrived home from the hospital today. Rachel's mother is not able to be with her for the time being as she is hosting a house full of guests.

Pray for wisdom for Rachel and Jake as they seek to raise both of their little boys to love and serve the Lord. That is no easy task in the day in which we live.

I do so wish I could visit them, but they live in Massachusetts which is a long way from Grand Rapids. If I could, I would fly out to help, but that's not possible. So I'll help by my prayers. I invite you to join with me in praying for them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

cherylleemusic said...

Wonderful post. Thanks so much for keeping the family updated! You are a super AUNTIE....blessing these dear little ones with your love & prayers.
Cheri Lee