Friday, July 26, 2013

Thirty-Year Certificate


At the risk of boring you, I want to show you the certificate I received on July 9, 2013, as I was honored for my 30 years of service with Baptist Mid-Missions. I continue to rejoice that I was able to attend the annual conference at which time these recognitions are made.

Some have asked how I'm doing physically following my surgery May 30. The Lord has been so good to me. I feel as if I've regained most of the strength I had before the surgery. I've begun walking to try to regain even more core strength. After all, "if you don't use it you lose it," applies to physical strength as well as other aspects of life. And I continue to rejoice that not one, but two, primary sites of cancer were completely removed and that no further treatment is needed at this time. Hallelujah!

Please continue to pray with us as we work toward printing even more Scripture portions for people around the world. This morning, a group left to begin teaching literacy workers among an Indian tribe in Mexico. They will teach teachers how to teach their own tribes people how to read their own language so that they will have learned this skill by the time the New Testament is printed in the Tenek language. At the same time, as we always do, we have people working in Africa and in Asia. Ask the Lord to bless them as they continue to plug away at what is often a long, tedious assignment.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats! It sounds like a good summer so far.