Friday, July 19, 2013

A Highlight of my Missionary Career


Last week marked one of the highlights of my missionary career when I, along with dozens of others, was recognized by Baptist Mid-Missions (BMM) for the years I've served as a missionary. Dr. Gary Anderson, president of BMM presented me with a certificate thanking me for the thirty years I've served with the mission.

As many of you know, I was originally with BMM from 1975 to 1990, at which time I resigned to care for my parents who were both elderly and chronically ill. After the Lord took both of them to heaven, I returned to BMM in 1998 and have been with them since, working with Bibles International in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I will retire with sadness at the end of this calendar year.

Along with the certificate, those of us who were honored also received a gold lapel pin bearing the BMM logo.

I'm so thankful my health permitted me to attend the meeting which was held in Elyria, Ohio. A month or so ago, I wasn't sure I would be able to make the trip. I'm also thankful for missionary colleagues, Glenn and Becky Kerr, who drove to the meeting and allowed me to ride with them. I'll always look back on that week with joy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 30 years of faithful ministry! Sue and Phil

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congratulations Elaine .........!!






custom pins