Sunday, October 6, 2013

Class Get-Together, October 5, 2013



I met with class members of the 1962 class of Holland High School (in Indiana, not Michigan) yesterday. It was the first time I'd seen many of them in 50 years. That's significant for several reasons. The main one is that I went to school with most of these people for 12 years in the same school. Imagine that, how many of you can say you had basically the same classmates for 12 years?

Many of them had changed so significantly; I could not recognize them. I apparently haven't changed much, as most of them knew me immediately. Our class was small -- only 19 of us graduated. Of that, six were girls and the rest were guys. Three of our classmates are deceased. Some were not there even though they live nearby. One lives in Arizona, so he was not there.

For those of you who might know them, I'll name them. On the first row, from L. to R. are Mary Ann (Katter) McDevitt, Lavonne (Hunefeld) Powell, and Elaine A. Schulte. In the back from L. to R. are Bob Raisor, Jim Bruns, Ron Hemmer, Dick Mangel, Jim Evrard, and David Hubster. At least three members of the class had to leave before we took this picture. They were Cornelius Fest, George Lauderdale, and George Slumber.

I'm glad I was here when they were scheduled to meet. It was good to see members of
the class of '62 again. It was also good to meet spouses of several of the class members.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: