Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Sister's Fall



This picture was taken this past August when my sisters, one of my nieces, and one of my great-nieces visited me. My younger sister, Mary Ellen, is standing behind me, wearing the blue.

This past Wednesday morning, she was substitute teaching in a school in Lynnville, Indiana, not far from her home. She walked across a floor that had recently been mopped, losing her balance, causing her to fall. She was taken to ER, when she couldn't get up off the floor. At the hospital medical personnel realized she had two fractures in her pelvis. In case you're not aware of this fact, that is a very painful injury.

She was discharged to home on Friday evening. Please pray for her as she tries to recover in a house that has no bedrooms on the main floor. Mary Ellen is extremely stoic and independent and I fear that she will try to do too much before she is healed. Please keep her in your prayers.

I'd appreciate your prayers, too, as I've faced several unusual challenges in the past few days. I keep reminding myself that the Lord is able to do the "exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think." I saw Him do that in my healing this spring and early summer. I'm trusting Him to do that again. Please join me in praying.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: