Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another Busy Day at BI

I've decided that I need to get into this, so I'm going to post again today. Besides, this was an exciting day because with the help of a friend, I moved forward a bit in my research for the history of BI.

A friend who is in the Bible study I lead came in to BI to help me today. She copied hundreds of potentially historical documents for me. After copying them, she filed all of them. That was a big job, because she copied almost 500 documents. Here she is at our trusty copy machine that has produced hundreds of thousands of copies.

While she was hard at work, another friend was working somewhere else in the building, doing research for the project. But I'll feature her tomorrow.

I finished translating chapter 11 of the linguistics manual I'm working on. It's in French and we need it in English so it can be used to teach non-French speaking translators around the world. It's a manual that teaches how to translate Scriptures into the mother-tongue of people in developing countries. I started proofreading chapter 11. When I've completed the proofreading, I'll move on to translating chapter 12.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a blog! I don't comment a lot, but I will check daily - so keep on posting!
Susan