Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Happy Family


I'm so happy I can show you a picture of the happy family, my nephew JD, his wife Sarah, and their new little Joanna (see the previous post). The parents have given me permission to post their picture. I'm sure you'll agree with all of us that she is a pretty little girl.
Can you believe February is almost over? That means that almost 1/6 of the year is over. It seems we've just begun writing 2008. I'm very grateful this month is drawing to an end. On the evening weather they told us that on 14 of the last 28 days we had no sunshine whatsoever. That's why the month seemed so long! This month has also been the coldest one we've had so far this season, with the most snow. We're at just over 37 inches for this month alone. We have two more snows already predicted and could top 100 inches for the season with those two snows. No wonder many people from Michigan go south for the winter!

For the first time since I've lived in Michigan, they're also saying that emergency rooms are turning ambulances away, diverting them to other hospitals. With all the snow, there have been so many slips, trips, and falls and vehicular accidents. Add to that a heavier than average flu season, and the result is emergency rooms that are filled to overflowing. I wonder what it would be like if we had universal health care!

This week is almost over. I've spent much of it at work doing research for the history of Bibles International I'm supposed to write. I'm not only researching historical data, but I'm also doing technological research. I'm trying to find the best technology to use to record telephone interviews. That is moving me into an entirely new realm of technology about which I know nothing. Pray for me to have wisdom and make the right contacts so I can get the help I need in order to move out into an area with which I'm not very comfortable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanna is so cute! Wow, you have had a lot of snow-even more than we have had. Thank you for commenting on my blog!