Friday, February 1, 2008

The Land of the Frozen Tundra

Greetings friends. There are places in the US that are getting more snow, I know, but I'm so thankful that I don't live there. Tuesday night a storm blew in bringing us some of the worst weather I've seen since moving up here a little more than seven years ago. There were over 500 closings scrolling across the bottom of the TV on Wednesday morning. I stayed inside the house all day, not even sticking my nose outside, thankful I didn't have to go out.

Now, we're having another snow storm rolling in with inches of snow predicted to fall throughout the night. We're to get a bit of a break on Saturday and Sunday, but Monday promises to bring another snow storm. I'm ready for winter to end, but it could continue for the next two months. I have a comp day today, so I don't have to go into the office through the snow.

Yesterday I finished proofreading chapter 12 of the linguistics manual I'm translating and began translating chapter 13. The process moves slowly, but I'm enjoying it and am learning a lot.

Unless I get covered by the white stuff, we lose power from branches falling on the power lines, or some other catastrophy occurs, I'll post again soon. Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: