Monday, March 17, 2008

Learning to Use New Technology


Well friends, I've learned how to use new technology today. Believe it or not! I'm planning to retire in a few years and still learning new things on the job. How about that?

Since I've been asked to write a history of Bibles International, I need to interview many people to learn about the history before I entered the organization. So we've been looking for ways to record telephone interviews. Several of the men at the office have been researching this and they finally arranged everything so that I did my first recorded interview today. It was pretty amazing as far as I was concerned. The sound quality was good, and all of it was recorded digitally so that I could email the interview to a young lady who is willing to type the material using court reporting technology.

Besides that, I interviewed one of the most senior members of our organization and he told me some stories I'd never before heard. That was exciting!

If you've been wondering why you haven't heard from me for a few days, it's because I was doing a pretty intensive proofreading job with a very short deadline. I finished the job at the last moment and got it in on time, but there were times I wondered if I would make the deadline.

Now if I can just reclaim my house that I allowed to deteriorate rather badly while I did the proofreading...

No comments: