Friday, June 6, 2008

The Blessings of Family

One of the greatest blessings of my trip to Indiana has been the opportunity to visit with my family. This is one of my great nephews, feeling a bit intimidated because I was taking his picture before he had warmed up to me. Joseph, who is 2 1/2, hadn't seen me since Christmas and he had forgotten who I was, I think. Isn't he sweet? It has been fun to attend a family wedding, visit with Joseph's parents and siblings, and my sister and her husband. I visited with my only remaining aunt yesterday. That was not such fun. She is in a downward spiral.

I also had opportunity to visit with Pastor Thomas and his wife and members of McCullough Grove Baptist Church. That was really a blessing. I spoke three times while with them in Oakland City.

I plan to speak on Sunday morning at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Evansville. On Monday I'll begin my trip back to Grand Rapids. Please pray for me as I drive back.

No comments: