Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Celebrations, 2009

I'm so grateful for the family time I had over Christmas. What a privilege it was to celebrate the birth of our Savior with our family.

I tried to make a collage of these pictures, but it didn't come together. The first picture is of the three Schulte girls. Sharon, the firstborn, is kneeling, I'm the middle child, and Mary Ellen, the youngest is standing at the end of the couch.

The second picture is of our second Christmas celebration. This is the one in which all of the Norman and Leona Schulte descendants who could, came together to celebrate. We missed doing this last year. I really enjoyed being able to do it again this year.

The third picture takes place at that same celebration. It shows the two Lee girls, Rachel and Rebekah, who are now married, with one of their sisters-in-law, Octavia Lee. If you look closely, you'll see that Rebekah is holding my little Precious, who is indeed Precious.

The last picture is of my youngest sister and her husband with their Indiana grandchildren. They have one grandchild in Texas, and will soon have another, but that family was not able to attend the celebration, because of the impending birth of the second child.

Of all the gifts I received this Christmas, none was better than being able to celebrate with most of my family together. When you live alone, and away from your family, you quickly realize how special family is.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: