Monday, August 30, 2010

Precious--My Baby



I know I've used both of these picture before, but please humor me. I'm sure you won't believe this, and I can hardly believe it myself. Precious has been with my friend, someone I've known since we went to school together many years ago. Linda is a dog trainer, and she was working with Precious on potty training.

This morning when she went to get Precious out of her crate, she found that Precious had died during the night! My sweet little baby is gone. I've been crying buckets, and I have to quit because that increases my vertigo and head pain, which I'm already struggling with. Precious was such a sweet puppy, just the perfect size for me. Linda immediately called her vet who told her that often small dogs have undetected heart problems. I had noticed she often coughed, and that bothered me a bit. I know that in people a cough is often symptomatic of heart problems. In retrospect, I wonder if that is why she had the cough.

I'm angry with myself that I'm so upset over an animal, but believe me, this is not easy! I need your prayers. For one thing, pray that I'll be able to quit crying. And pray that I'll learn the lessons the Lord wants me to learn. He doesn't put us through pain for nothing. I will miss my little Precious. In fact, I already do!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Larry and Sallie Fogle said...

We are so sorry for your loss and for the anguish it is undoubtedly causing for you. We will be praying for peace beyond understanding. It is hard to fathom why you would need more stress in your life but we do believe that God is always good and we know you believe this too.

Unknown said...

Pets become family members and are missed when they are gone. I will be praying for you Elaine.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elaine, I totally understand. So sorry....praying. Carol Hightower

Unknown said...

I have lost a beloved pet myself & understand the pain you are going through. Praying for you, Elaine!!

Susan said...

Prayers and hugs!! I understand; I think losing a pet is one of life's worst things. They are so accepting and loving all the time :(

Kathy Sturgis said...

Elaine, I am so sorry. We lost a precious pet about 6 months after my Mom died and I think we cried more for the dog than my Mom!! Not really, but it was just the sum of all we could handle at that moment. God will comfort you. It is natural they are a gift from Him and we miss them. I will be praying for you.

Kathy Sturgis

Anna Beth Wivell said...

So sorry, Elaine! I had a little dog all through my preteen and teen years, and there were times when I felt she was my only friend ... so I understand and will be praying.
Anna Beth

Bobbi said...

My heart goes out to you, Elaine. So sad. Wish we were there to give you hugs. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cheryl Elmer said...

I am so upset with you. Precious filled a special spot for you and we all enjoyed her immensely.

Cheryl Elmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.