Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One of my Latest Projects


Last year in March, I had a new great-niece. When our family had a baby shower for her mother the preceding Christmas time, the wife of one of my nephews saw an afghan I had made for the new baby. Her comment was, "It almost makes me want to have another baby." (I'm not sure she even remembers saying that.)

This year, this same nephew's wife was expecting a baby, to be born near the end of April or the beginning of May. I contacted the expectant mother's sister, asking her what colors would be used for the new baby. She told me that the colors were to be light pink and light gray. So out I went to the nearest Hobby Lobby to purchase my yarn. (I'm shopping at Hobby Lobby as often as possible to support them in their current court case.)

I started this near the end of February or the beginning of March. The baby arrived very early last Friday morning; I finished the afghan very late on Saturday evening. And now it's on its way to the home of the new baby, Elisabeth Rose.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I would not have ever chosen that color combo, but it came out really pretty! I love the ruffly edge. It's amazing that you got it made so quickly.

Rachel said...

Great work, Aunt Elaine!